Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Learning to Love

"My beloved speaks and says to me:
'Arise, my love, my beautiful one,
   and come away,
for behold, the winter is past;
   the rain is over and gone.
The flowers appear on the earth,
   the time of singing has come"'
Song of Songs 2:10-13

All that I am, every facet of my being, every stirring of my soul, is swept up in the most romantic love story. I am bound by this love, rooted by this love, and established by this love. All that I gain, all that I do, all that I accomplish, is for my beloved. For the glory and fame of the One that I love. I am swept away by the absolute  grace that frees me daily. Thankful for the opportunity to live redeemed. Not perfect, but saved nonetheless. How can I respond in any other way than deep, eternal, intrinsic, love? This is truly a divine romance, and I am simply captivated. 

 

No comments: