Saturday, December 26, 2009

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,

When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

time spent in quiet is precious to me.
the only thing i can hear is my heartbeat and the immense amount of thoughts in my head, shooting through like a massive meteor shower.
i dislike telephones because they shatter peace.
i dislike them even more because people call me or text me only when they need something.
i have many people in my life that i feel keep in contact with me only because they need something from me.
i am a selfish being.
is it selfish to wish that people called me for more than just a haircut or just because I will make them feel better?

yes.


ephesians 5.18b-21
but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ.



as a functioning member of the body of CHRIST i am sinning against my brothers and sisters when i seek myself above them.
i am not submitting to you.
i am not serving you.
my needs come before you.
my hurts are bigger than yours.
i am falling in love with the “servant of all” and i see that i am not serving anyone by my self-pity, my neediness and my self-focus.

pray for me?

No comments: