Thursday, April 15, 2010

breathless anticipation.

the air is thick and time stands still. the trees alert as if standing on edge, tense grey clouds fill the sky.

sparks begin flying, huge rods dancing from one end of my view to the other. sound and light not harmonizing, yet connected. a huge zig-zag blasts through the dark grey back drop, creating a web of light overwhelming my perception. the trees shake in anticipation of what is to follow.

one one-thousand
two one thousand
three one-thousand

i lose count. i can feel the electricity about to take my breath away. finally a slight low bass rolls through the air and hits my skin, vibrating to my inner core. i close my eyes and feel the sound hit just as the lightning did, fast and furious. shutters shake and windows shudder. even the floor and walls vibrate through the epicenter of this thrill. the sound waves hit my soul and roll past as if they were never there at all, leaving nothing but a memory of the massive power in its wake.

the sparkles and rumbles continue on. the confusion overwhelming at first glance, until you notice the intricacies. this storm wound tight unleashes its fervor as delicately as a dance.

motion.
   electric.
      vivid.
         emotion.
            tense.
               soothing.
                  brilliance.

imaginary imagery.


oh, so desperate for the storm i see, to come and wash over the desert that surrounds. my soul aches for the brilliant idea of a storm.

something-
anything, to shake me aware. i need a change in the air. rain to wash over me. sweet cleansing flood poor over this tired and thirsty soul. i look around, take in the three-sixty, see the storm raging. yet where i sit there is stillness, dry ground, and spring at a standstill until the water comes.
image copyrighted by melodie pruitt

No comments: