Friday, April 30, 2010

cherry or was that strawberry?

i am thinking about transition. i feel as if i am at the bottom of a pool of jello, right now. i can vaguely see the outline of the ladder, there is a shadow of what looks like a rim, i move my head up and see a glowing pink cloud. i just want to get out of here. i feel stifled. stuck. immovable.

red jello sucks.
it is hard to see through.
it is even harder to move through.

i am transitioning in mind and soul into a new phase of life. my frustration of the new reality of my summer is slightly dissolving and i am trying to choke through new ideas and new possibilities. truth is, it's hard. i am still licking the wounds of what was to be. sitting at the bottom of this wiggly red pool, i thought i saw a vision in the clouds. i thought i had a plan to get myself out. i thought. past tense. today i think i will not give up on the idea of getting out of my jello pool, but by golly i will enjoy it while i am here. no i can't see into the future. no i do not know how or when i will get out of this place, but truth is, i feel safe here. when i move the whole pool moves too! i can bounce, jump and well quite honestly red jello is DELICIOUS!!

red jello is so delicious.
it wiggles and jiggles.
when you eat it you have to smile.

my pool is a place of safety, provided for healing and growth. my wings are not yet strong enough to fly. one day they will be and i will wish i had my wiggle room back. for now i will be content to enjoy the gift of safety and qualified freedom. today i will watch my pink clouds and enjoy the freedom to laugh. today is a great day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Imagine me doing a crazy jello dance. I'll do it this afternoon. It will inspire you. :)