Monday, May 10, 2010

questions peirce my soul

                                                                                                                   http://www.flickr.com/photos/camfirephotos/
questions make me uncomfortable.
questions cause me to think.
questions allow me freedom to attempt a search of the unsearchable.
questions haunt me.
questions liberate me.
questions keep me from becoming stagnant.
questions move me.

the reason i fell in love with Christ?
because i asked enough questions.
my life didn't make sense.
when i was at church i had to live a life of doing.
when i gave that up, my life still didn't make sense.

if you ask enough questions you are bound to find truth.
often, though our observance of reality is only one-sided.
sometimes truth causes you to change what you see.
i don't believe that truth changes.
just the perspective of how you see it.
that is often the problem we have with making assumptions based on our perceptions.
we hardly ever see the whole view.
that is why i adore questions.
for i cannot ever see the whole picture on my own.


                                                                               http://www.hikingintherockies.com/hiking/hike%20reports/raspberry/pikespeak.jpg

unless you have a bigger perspective, just by seeing these two images you would not understand that this is the same mountain, simply from two different views. what are the mountains in your life that you might need a deeper perspective of?

i heard this following song, the other day and it covered me in life-bumps.
this is my story as it is many others.
don't be afraid to ask big questions.
don't be afraid to get a bigger view.
don't be afraid of freedom.
the only one who hurts from a small perspective is you!

not without love - jimmy needham

i tried Lord

i tried Lord
i tried hard to be Your good little boy

chin up, head high
all zeal and no joy
thinking all my good deeds could please Jesus

boy, was i wrong

though i knew the right songs, all my cymbals and gongs played the melodies wrong
and it wasn’t long ‘til i saw my disease
a life spent wanting to please

on hands and knees
to make right, to appease
God help me please

this can’t be christianity, it can’t be
the whole thing’s like insanity
where’s the rest of eternal security?

where’s the hope of a God big enough to cope with all my hang-ups and insecurities?
certainly this isn’t breathing
my chest burning and heaving

it’s like my pulse is ceasing
like my heart quits beating

yet this i recall to mind and therefore i have hope:

You died, Lord
You died, Lord

assuredly, like the coming of the dawn, the Father’s love song goes on
drowning out my bitter songs
and breaking through walls and barriers

Christ swoops in, removes sin, picks up His bride and carries her
so i can sing in agreement with the King this thing:
there’s only one thing that pleases the Father

the God-man on the tree in the midst of the scoffers

now i finally see that Christ is what Christ offers

and i’m finally free in the love of the Father

No comments: