Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There is Always Beauty in the Pain.

Photo_17

Its true. There is such beauty to be found on those dark days that reek of death more than life. 

Funny thing though, sometimes you must work hard to unveil the beauty...

Sunday night my sister finished the intern requirements that she committed to. I am so very proud of her! She has such a love of theology and discovery. She is not afraid to ask the hardest questions and she charming beyond measure. This program has taken so much of her time that she hasn't had the chance to really settle in our adorable little home. 

I decided it was time to change that! Hannah's room is huge! In the sense that giants built her room. If I had to guess, I'd say her ceilings are 11ft tall. No matter what you put on the walls, there will still be a huge gap as the ceilings make everything miniscule. I decided she needed a chandelier. 

Since money still doesn’t grow on trees, I had to be thrifty.

Photo_14

I grabbed a wire rack from my Mama’s give-away pile, and I repurposed a couple bunches of dried roses that Hannah had tucked away in her closet. I do say the result is quite lovely. 

Photo_12

I hung the wire rack between two of my dining room chairs as I strung them on the rack. I really wasn't too particular, but I did want a cascading effect so the longest roses are in the middle and they get shorter to the sides. 

This process was quite tedious! I would reccomend a seccond hand if you try this at home. One person threads the roses and the other hangs them on the rack (chicken wire would actually be pretty neat also!).
Photo_13
Photo_15
I would reccomend also being careful stringing them on the rack. It would be really easy to get the roses tangled and once haning hard to undo. I used green thread, but fishing line would work just as well! 

What a fun and simple way to make this room shine! As this is a surprise, so I hope she likes it as much as I do!

Photo_16
Photo_10
Photo_11
I think this would be a great view to wake up too! :)

No comments: