Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I will never sleep again...

For the third time, in about as many weeks, I have awoke to the sound of my bedroom door opening. AHH! In my sleep I hear the sound of the door thudding open, and then my heart leaps into my chest, waking me fully. I have leapt up, to first, turn the light on and second, go to close the door. The nightlight in the kitchen illuminates the hallway to my room and I see that no one is in fact in the hallway. I shut the door (this time I locked it, after I heard ANOTHER door in the house open). The first time this happened, the room to my lil kid brother Zach's, (who is not my actual brother, but is still pretty cool and brother-like), was in fact ajar. I was a bit too freaked out to investigate, but that morning he told me he woke up and his door was open. We shared and compared stories, and panicked a bit.

After a couple nights, we both decided that the most logical and probable explanation was that he slept walked. Fast forward a few nights, Zach wakes up to his door opening. I was at my mom's house, so my door probably opened also, but there was no one to document the phenomena (I realize that now I sound paranoid, but it is 4a.m. and I can't sleep, so paranoid it is).

That was about a week ago.

My door opened tonight, just now. I realize that many things could be a logical explanation for this strange occurrence: *ahem* 1: Zach could in fact be sleepwalking, because he was kinda fuzzy about actually being awake for the second time, 2: Zoey the Golden Retriever could have learned that I actually do not like her and is trying to freak me out by a). learning how to open doors and b). opening Zach's also to cover her tracks. 3: Casper is real.

All three of these options make me slightly tired, as I feel the effects of artful imagination take hold, but also a bit creeped out. Sleepwalking Kid? Resentful Dog? Friendly Ghost?

Ya I will never sleep again...

And Band of Horses "Is There a Ghost?", will be permanently stuck in my head.
Good thing I like that song.

UGH.
*shudder*

No comments: