Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Take Stock.

Two blogs have made me stop today. In leu of my sister jumping on a plane and MOVING to another country, I have been thinking. A bit of a self check really. The fist thought I had when she had gone was I need to pick up a copy of John Piper's book: Don't Waste Your Life. What am I doing? What are my motivations? Why am I loving school so much? You know just the basics. Well this morning in my blogroll I was taken even at a more basic level.

How am I specifically setting my life up? This digging hurts a bit. But a breath of fresh air it has been. David Billingslea sets a perfect stage for a deep and altering thoughtful moment:

http://thebillingsleablog.blogspot.com/2010/09/goodbye-comfort-hello-joy.html#

After that beautiful bombshell went off in my mind, I read Dia Hankey's blog, he is on part five of a series I would highly recommend called Guidance. Today's post is all about Godly Councel. He deeply goes into what the people surrounding your life should be. I faced the questions: Who is speaking into my life? Who have I given permission to tell me the truth? 

http://thebillingsleablog.blogspot.com/2010/09/goodbye-comfort-hello-joy.html#

I know most of you who read my blog may not be blog junkies like I am, but if you have time in the next week to read them I would more than highly recommend it. These two men have turned my world upside down, and I never want to go at it alone, so feel free to join me! 

 

No comments: